Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Wrap-up/2015 and beyond...

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.  -Helen Keller

My apologies for being off the radar since August. The birth of my son Toshi, as well as the flotsam of life in general, has kept me pretty busy as of late. First off, I gotta do a quick 2014 recap, but mostly I  want to get my intentions for 2015 out in the world.
2014- I have had a fantastic year of adventure and new beginnings.
March- Antelope Island Buffalo Run 50 mile.
April- Grand Canyon and Bryce Canyon
May- Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 mile.
June- Bighorn 100
July- Ronda dels Cims 170k.
August- Toshi!
September- Teton Crest Trail+
October- Old Goat 40ish mile
2015- I am gonna be so stinkin' busy. Between family obligations, school, work, etc. I have bitten off a pretty big chunk of awesomeness.
March- Grand Canyon running camp with Team PRS FIT (more on that in a bit).
May- Cruel Jewel, a 108 mile trail race in Georgia with 31k feet of gain. I have every intention of gunning for a podium finish on this one.
June- Bighorn 100. I will be going for a third consecutive sub-24 finish.
July- Crewing for Mike Evans at Hardrock and playing in the San Juan's.
August- FKT attempt on a double Wonderland Trail Loop (186 miles). Currently held by Ultrapedestrian Ras Vaughan at 89h, 35m. My goal is 60 hours.
2016- Something a bit outside of the usual.
February- Patagonian Expedition Race. Yup, in Chilean Patagonia. Biking, Trekking, Paddling. Cold and death-y, just how I like it. I have been selected by Team PRS FIT to be a member of the team for the 2016 Patagonian Expedition Race. More on this later, but suffice to say it will be legen... wait for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment